Tuesday, December 20, 2005
a bad day
usually all days are bad for me, but today in particular is one of the worse ones.

I had the day planned out coz I knew I had a lot to do: I need to go to three difference places for my car, have my annual physical, go out west to a particular Loblaws that sells the Häagen-Dazs limited edition Baileys® Irish cream and do some xmas shopping.

I got the car e-tested, no problem, got the ice-cream, no problem, stopped by Homesense and Winners, no problem. All was well until I dropped the car at Canadian Tire for the safety test, I told them I had to have the car back by 2 in order to make it to my physical, they reassured me that would happen (and it very well did, but...). They told me my car cannot pass safety without new tires and brake pads (Exclamation of annoyance). I tried playing innocent (they're not the first to tell me those are kinda old), but the guy just wouldn't budge. A quick rundown on the calculator showed $890 to have everything fixed (Exclamation of annoyance). Fine! I would bring the car back after my physical, and it was already 2:07 (Exclamation of annoyance). They told me they could give me a ride and back so the car would be fixed after I'm done my appointment, and I thought, cool. But then they couldn't find their courtesy vehicle (Exclamation of annoyance), but a nice mechanic offered to give me a ride in his own car. By the time we left the parking lot it was already 2:20. I got to the clinic at 2:42 (Exclamation of annoyance), and they told me I was too late and had to rebook for January 24th (Exclamation of annoyance - I've already waited a month and a half for this one). You can't imagine my frustration.

Writing in my blog calmed me down a bit. It was really my own fault to not have planned for the worst case scenario, coz it is ALWAYS the worst case scenario for me, always. It's my own damn fault not to accept the fact that god is playing me and has been so for so blinking long that I should have learned by now.

I'm having beer and nuts, man's comfort food. care to join?

PS, please kindly replace all Exclamation of annoyance with "f.u.c.k.!", thank you.
Comments:
Hehe. Though I thought "exclamation of annoyance" was the written form of "D'oh!"
Hehe. Though I thought "exclamation of annoyance" was the written form of "D'oh!"
Hehe. Though I thought "exclamation of annoyance" was the written form of "D'oh!"
Damn, sorry, the cat jumped on the Enter key.
Sorry to hear about your day. I'm also having car issues...but my dad has been running the erands for me for the past week. The dealership wants to charge an arm and a leg so we're trying to find a used part.

I hate Canadian tire. Avoid them at all costs. Them and Jiffy Lube.
Post a Comment

<< Home
Edmond O Wong
just day-to-day stuff
Counting...

my blogs:
code-head.blogspot.com
objectivity-zero.blogspot.com
dot-e.blogspot.com
my picture blog

friends:
heavenshock
nightbaron
roy
desmond

ARCHIVES
2005.07 / 2005.08 / 2005.09 / 2005.10 / 2005.11 / 2005.12 / 2006.01 / 2006.02 / 2006.03 / 2006.04 / 2006.05 / 2006.06 / 2006.07 / 2006.08 / 2006.09 / 2006.10 / 2007.02 / 2007.03 / 2007.05 / 2007.06 / 2007.07 / 2007.10 / 2007.11 / 2007.12 / 2008.01 / 2008.12 /


Powered by Blogger