Tuesday, September 13, 2005
so many movies to watch
Last night Mag and I watched Mysterious Skin. I have no comments about the film except if you think your life is fucked up you may want to use the life of the main character in it as a yardstick. Mag was just disturbed by it. Being an asshole, I reinterated several times during the movie that we should've watched March of the Penguins instead while she was clinching against my chest during the sex scenes.

Movies on my harddrive that I have yet to watch are:
March of the Penguins
Baraka
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind
Garden State
Momento

Roy mentioned that The Aristocrats might be interesting too.

I like comedy. What's the point of (paying to) watching a movie if you don't come out of the cinema happier than when you went in. Documentaries are alright too since you learn more.

Friggen windshield is going to cost me $400.

mood: angry :P
Comments:
In that case, I don't recommend Head-On to Maggie. It's very violent. Rape scenes, sex scenes, swearing, adultry, drugs, racism...it goes on and on.

Yeah...Sometimes you just want to laugh.
I checked the Baraka link, it looks real good. Please keep it for me. I saw ESSM, Garden State and Momento. I would give them all 7/10. Garden State has a fantastic soundtrak. Momento is fun (same guy who directed Batman Begins) but the story actually sucks (when you think of it in the correct order). No comments on ESSM (well that's a comment).

I might check out Mysterious Skin too since we normally don't know want to rent...
If I decide to take thursday off, we could watch baraka together (then hit The Aristocrats at the ByTowne at night).
Ooh, I want to see Mysterious Skin now. I like fucked up movies, because when I come out, I realize that my life is not that bad after all.

To contradict heavenshock, I'll give ESSM and Memento an 8/10 and Garden State a 9/10. Garden State is one of my favorite movies, ever.
I just saw The Aristocrats. Funny! You'll like it Ed.

I also have the soundtrack for Garden State. Mellow and memorable is how I describe it. I have the albums of several of the groups in there, like The Shins, Thievery Corporation (LOTS OF MIXES OF THEIRS!), Coldplay, Nick Drake, Zero 7, Iron and Wine, yeah, the person who made that OST did a scan of my brain for artist selection, and then stole all my mp3s from my home.

Oh, and about ESSM, I actually couldn't finish it I was so bored!! I know. You hate me.
Post a Comment

<< Home
Edmond O Wong
just day-to-day stuff
Counting...

my blogs:
code-head.blogspot.com
objectivity-zero.blogspot.com
dot-e.blogspot.com
my picture blog

friends:
heavenshock
nightbaron
roy
desmond

ARCHIVES
2005.07 / 2005.08 / 2005.09 / 2005.10 / 2005.11 / 2005.12 / 2006.01 / 2006.02 / 2006.03 / 2006.04 / 2006.05 / 2006.06 / 2006.07 / 2006.08 / 2006.09 / 2006.10 / 2007.02 / 2007.03 / 2007.05 / 2007.06 / 2007.07 / 2007.10 / 2007.11 / 2007.12 / 2008.01 / 2008.12 /


Powered by Blogger